The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) plays an important role in helping to meet its labour market shortages as well as its economic development demands.
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee program (BC PNP) helps to recruit qualified workers and entrepreneurs to meet the labour market shortages and economic development demands in British Columbia.
With the current BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP), it comes under two main categories; Skills Immigration stream including Express Entry BC and Entrepreneur Immigration stream.
While the Skills Immigration streams are intended for workers or international graduates with the skills, education and/or experience required for high-demand occupations in British Columbia, the Entrepreneur Immigration stream is for experienced entrepreneurs who are ready to invest in and actively manage a business in British Columbia.
Individuals nominated by the BC PNP are eligible to apply to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence for themselves and their dependants.
The BC PNP Skills Immigration stream
The BC PNP Skills Immigration stream is an economic immigration option. It is intended for people with the skills, experience and qualifications needed by employers in the province of British Columbia.
To be eligible for the program, you will need to apply and satisfy the criteria in one of the following categories:
- Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker – managers, professionals and skilled tradespeople
- Skills Immigration – Health Care Professional – physicians, registered nurses and other health care workers employed with provincial health authorities
- Skills Immigration – International Graduate – with a degree or diploma from a Canadian college or university
- Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate – with a master’s or doctoral degree in the natural, applied or health sciences from a B.C. university. Note that for this category only, a job offer is not required
- Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled – (including employment in the Northeast Development Region of B.C.) – workers in tourism/hospitality, food processing and long-haul trucking, OR entry level and semi-skilled workers who are residing in the Northeast Development Region of the province
The BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration stream
Foreign nationals who want to settle and invest in British Columbia may be eligible for Canadian permanent residence under the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration stream. This program is broken down into two categories:
- Entrepreneur Category — This category is for experienced businesspeople who want to start a business in B.C. and become permanent residents.
- Strategic Projects Category — This category allows foreign-controlled companies to set up an operation in B.C. It also allows you to propose up to five key foreign managerial, professional or technical staff who intend to become permanent residents of Canada and settle in the province.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gathering Necessary Documentation
We are here to help! We’ll guide you to collect and compile every document needed for your application. Without a well prepared application and needed supporting documents, the processing of your application would not only be delayed, it could even be refused.