A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada for international business activities without directly entering into the Canadian labour market:
- You may come to Canada to meet people from companies doing business with your country.
- You may come to Canada to observe site visits.
- Alternatively, a Canadian company may have invited you to Canada for training in product use, sales or other functions related to a business transaction.
Business Visitor visa
If you are a business visitor who want to visit Canada temporarily to:
- Look for opportunities and different ways to grow your business,
- Invest in Canada or
- Advance your business relationships with the local counterpart.
you may need to apply for a visa or an eTA to come to Canada.
If you need an eTA, you should:
- Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada – do not wait for the last minute to apply, and
- Travel to Canada with the passport you used to get your eTA.
If you need a visitor visa, you must send certain documents with your application:
- A letter of invitation from your potential business partner in Canada; and
- 24-hour contact details for that person.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gathering Necessary Documentation
We are here to help! We’ll guide you to collect and compile every document needed for your application. Without a well prepared application and needed supporting documents, the processing of your application would not only be delayed, it could even be refused.