If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may sponsor your parents or grandparents to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents. However, you are required to provide care and support when they arrive.

Sponsorship Requirement

  • To be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a Registered Indian
  • You must be 18 years of age or older
  • You must sign a sponsorship agreement
  • You must also sign an undertaking promise to provide care and financial support for your parents or grandparents
  • You must sign an agreement with the person you are sponsoring. You need to confirm that each of you understands your mutual obligations and responsibilities
  • You must prove that you have sufficient income
  • You will live in Canada
The Visa ConsultantCLICK HERE TO BOOK A CONSULTATIONNOWThe Visa Consultant

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a permanent resident?
How can I sponsor my parents or grandparents?
If I plan to sponsor my parents or grandparents, will I have any obligation?
Will there be any circumstances that I cannot sponsor my parents or grandparents?
Is there any minimum necessary income requirement for sponsors of parents or grandparents?
What is the Federal Income Table for sponsors of parents and grandparents?
What if I cannot meet the minimum necessary income requirement for sponsors of parents or grandparents, may I have a co-signer?
What happens if I fail to meet the obligations of my undertaking?

Gathering Necessary Documentation

We are here to help! We’ll guide you to collect and compile every document needed for your application. Without a well prepared application and needed supporting documents, the processing of your application would not only be delayed, it could even be refused.