If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and would like to work in Canada as a foreign temporary worker, it is most likely that you require to apply for a work permit.

A work permit is a written authorization issued by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
that allows a person who is neither a citizen nor a permanent resident to work in Canada.

Work Permit

If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident who wishes to work in Canada, in most cases, you will need to obtain a work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to work legally in Canada.

Generally speaking, a work permit is only valid for a specific employer, job and length of time, and is issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), or an Offer of employment from and LMIA-exempt employer.

You must apply for a work permit before you come to Canada. If you applied for a work permit successfully before you entered Canada, the visa office will send you a Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction that states your application was approved. You must present it when you enter Canada so that your permit can be printed and issued.

The Visa ConsultantCLICK HERE TO BOOK A CONSULTATIONNOWThe Visa Consultant

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements if I want to work in Canada?
How would I be eligible for a work permit?
What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)?
Can I apply for a work permit from inside Canada?
Are there any jobs do not require a work permit?
Are there any others requirement?

Gathering Necessary Documentation

We are here to help! We’ll guide you to collect and compile every document needed for your application. Without a well prepared application and needed supporting documents, the processing of your application would not only be delayed, it could even be refused.